Terms & Conditions
- These Terms set out the ways in which you may access, use and browse our site. By accessing and using our site, you agree to be bound by these Terms.
- We may from time to time vary these Terms. Please check the Terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any variations or amendments. Your use of our site will be subject to the version of the Terms posted on this site at the time of such use.
- We are Trafalgar Entertainment Group Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales. Our company number is 10409029. Our registered address is Ashcombe Court, Woolsack Way, Godalming, GU7 1LQ, UK.
- If you have any queries about these Terms, or our site, or would like to contact us for any reason, including in relation to any cancellations or complaints, please do so either by writing to us at our address above, or using the following details:
Email: [email protected]
ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR SITE
- We do not charge to use our site however, you agree that we can change this at a later date as long as we let you know in plenty of time before we start charging for use of the site.
- You agree that we can make any changes to the site that we want to and that we can stop making the site available or limit access to it at any time. We do not have to tell you before we do this.
- Anything that you may need to be able to access the site, such as computers, mobile devices or internet access, is your responsibility and we don’t have to provide any of this equipment for you. You are also responsible for ensuring that no person uses your equipment to access the site without your permission. We will be entitled to assume that anyone accessing the site using your equipment has your permission to do so and you will be responsible for any charges, costs or liabilities that may be incurred by any such persons while using your equipment.
- You must not attack the site with any viruses or other things that might be harmful to the site or any of our users. Any hackers or other trouble makers may be reported to law enforcement authorities.
NO RELIANCE ON INFORMATION
The content on our site is provided for general information only. We make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
THIRD PARTY LINKS AND RESOURCES ON OUR SITE
- You understand that our site may contain links to other sites and resources provided by third parties not under our control. By following the relevant hyperlinks on our site pages to our ticketing provider you must understand that we have no control over the content of such sites or resources available on them and so cannot be responsible or liable for them or their content or resources on them in anyway.
- Links to third party sites do not necessarily imply that we are or that our site is affiliated or associated with such third party sites. If you do decide to visit any other site, you do so at your own risk but should be aware that other third party sites may have their own terms and conditions, which we suggest you read carefully before proceeding.
- You may link to any page of our site, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not frame our site on another or establish a link in such a way as to suggest that we might be associated with another third party or site where we’re not.
- You agree that we can withdraw linking permission to our site at any time and we do not have to tell you about this before we do so.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in the site and in any content, material or services available on it.
- You must not use any content from the site for commercial purposes without our permission.
- If you copy or use any part of the site or the content or services made available through it in breach of the Terms, you will no longer have permission to use the site and, in addition to any other rights we may have, we can require you to return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY
- We are responsible to you for the foreseeable loss and damage caused by us as a result of failing to comply with these terms or failing to use reasonable care and skill. By foreseeable loss we mean a loss that is obvious will happen or we both knew it might happen.
- In these Terms we do not exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes, death or personal injury arising from our negligence; fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Subject to what we have said in 8.2 above, where it is permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the site, site availability and any content on our site and will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct or indirect), including any caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your internet-enabled device, software, data or other proprietary material, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with your:
- use of, or inability to use, the site;
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site; or
- downloading of any content on our site, on any website linked to our site.
Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss or loss of business opportunity.
- No one else has any rights under this contract against either us or you. This contract is between you and us. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 does not apply to these Terms.
- You can’t transfer your agreement with us to anyone else without our permission.
- We may transfer this agreement to another organisation but we will let you know if we plan to do this and will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- If we decide not to exercise or enforce any right that we have against you at a particular time, then this does not prevent us from later deciding to exercise or enforce that right.
- If a court or regulator finds any part of these Terms illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable regulator, then, where required, that part shall be deleted from the Terms and the remaining parts of the Terms will continue to be enforceable.
- These Terms set out the full extent of our obligations and liabilities concerning the site and services provided through it and replace any previous agreements and understandings between us and you.
- You agree that you will not have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement (whether made innocently or negligently) made to you upon which you relied in agreeing to these Terms other than any remedy you may have for breach of the express terms of these Terms.
- These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. To the extent that the law of the country in which you are resident permits you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
We may make changes to these Terms from time to time. If we do this we will update the page where these Terms are available or, we will notify you via email of any changes that are significantly material to you. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms either from the date we notify you or on the date that we update them on our site in the case of immaterial changes.
MEMBERSHIP TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE CHISWICK CINEMA WEBSITE
1.0 Please read and retain a copy of the below terms and conditions (the “T&Cs”) carefully, as by registering to The Chiswick Cinema Membership Scheme (as detailed in Section 6 below), these apply to you. The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to add or amend these T&Cs from time to time, at its discretion. Changes will take effect as soon as they are posted on The Chiswick Cinema Website or The Chiswick Cinema Social Media except for price rises applicable to The Chiswick Cinema Membership Scheme, which will only take effect at the time of the renewal of your Chiswick Cinema Membership Scheme.
2.0 To become a member, you must be 18 or over except for Under 25 Members.
3.0 To become a member, you must pay a membership fee (the “Membership Fee”). The Membership Fee is the fixed amount in force at the time of joining the chosen Chiswick Cinema Membership and is payable prior to issuance of a membership card (the “Membership Card”) by means of debit or credit card.
4. 0 To become a member, you agree to apply by providing your personal details to The Chiswick Cinema by filling in a form (e.g. online application) subject to the below Private Policy.
5.0 Your application to become a Member is an offer to join one of The Chiswick Cinema Memberships that will be accepted by taking payment of the Membership Fee, which will create a contract between you and The Chiswick Cinema (the “Membership Agreement”). The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to decline your offer.
6.0 Membership Cards: As a member you will be issued with a Membership Card (physical or virtual). Your Membership Card:
6.1 is usable upon collection in venue or delivery in the post or receipt of your Membership identification number (the “Membership ID”).
6. 2 is to be presented at each of your visits to The Chiswick Cinema or your Membership ID is to be inserted on The Chiswick Cinema Website to redeem your benefits online. The Chiswick Cinema is entitled to request proof of your age, identity and/or residence to confirm compliance with these T&Cs or to conform to law, regulation, court order or similar public authority;
6.3 is to be used at The Chiswick Cinema only. There may be participating cinemas in the future and these will be available to view on The Chiswick Cinema website, subject to changes from time to time at The Chiswick Cinema’s discretion. Please visit The Chiswick Cinema website or ask in The Chiswick Cinema for up to date details.
6.5 is to be used on its own and cannot be used in conjunction with any promotions offered by The Chiswick Cinema unless otherwise indicated.
6.6 is personal and cannot be assigned or transferred or exchanged or sold to anyone else; and,
6.7 is and remains The Chiswick Cinema’s property at all time that it is in your possession for your own personal and non-commercial use only (please keep your Membership Card safe at all times).
7. 0 The Founder Membership of The Chiswick Cinema is as follows, and includes some/all of the following benefits:
7.1 Use of the Members’ Only upstairs bar and outside balcony at The Chiswick Cinema for you, the Member, and up to 3 guests (subject to space and availability)
7.2 Invitations to opening events at The Chiswick Cinema
7.3 Your name on the Founder Member’s Installation at The Chiswick Cinema (optional)
7.4 Priority booking for certain popular screenings at The Chiswick Cinema before the general public sales
7.5 12 free tickets per year for any screening at The Chiswick Cinema (including event cinema) to be used by the member only (24 free tickets for joint membership)
7.6 £2 discount off every member ticket to shows at The Chiswick Cinema
7.7 15% off (Member only) food and beverage at the bars/food outlets at The Chiswick Cinema
7.8 50% off hire fees for the private screening room (16 seater) at The Chiswick Cinema
7.9 50% off hire fees for the private dining room at the Chiswick Cinema
7.10 Chiswick Cinema Gift Pack
7.11 The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to ask for proof of status at any time while you are on the premises.
8. 0 The Gold Membership of The Chiswick Cinema is as follows, and includes some/all of the following benefits:
8.1 8 free tickets per year for any screening at The Chiswick Cinema (including event cinema) to be used by the member only
8.2 £2 discount off every member ticket to shows at The Chiswick Cinema
8.3 12% off (Member only) food and beverage at the bars/food outlets at The Chiswick Cinema 7.6
8.4 15% off hire fees for the private screening room (16 seater) at The Chiswick Cinema
8.5 15% off hire fees for the private dining room at the Chiswick Cinema
8.6 The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to ask for proof of status at any time while you are on the premises.
9. 0 The Classic Membership of The Chiswick Cinema is as follows, and includes some/all of the following benefits:
9.1 6 free tickets per year for any screening at The Chiswick Cinema (including event cinema) to be used by the member only
9.2 £1 discount off every member ticket to shows at The Chiswick Cinema
9.3 10% off (Member only) beverage at the bars/food outlets at The Chiswick Cinema
9.4 10% off hire fees for the private screening room (16 seater) at The Chiswick Cinema
9.5 10% off hire fees for the private dining room at the Chiswick Cinema
9.6 The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to ask for proof of status at any time while you are on the premises.
10.0 The Under 25 Membership of The Chiswick Cinema is restricted to those under the age of 25 upon day of sign and includes some/all of the following benefits:
10.1 £5 tickets (subject to availability) during the daytime until 5pm
10.2 £1 off basic beer/house wine/soft drinks (Member only)
10.3 The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to ask for proof of status at any time while you are on the premises.
11.0 Gift Memberships – Your gift membership activation card can be activated online by inputting the voucher number displayed in the confirmation email. The activation email cannot be used as a part payment on another type of membership and there will be no leftover balance after the membership activation has been completed.
11.1 You may only submit one gift membership voucher per activation.
11.2 Gift membership vouchers are valid for 12 months from date of issue and are non-transferrable and non-refundable. Unused credit cannot be extended after expiration date.
12.0 We will not give refunds for any uncollected or unused Membership Tickets or Complimentary Guest Tickets. Tickets bookings not collected by the scheduled start time may be cancelled if there is high demand for the screening.
12.1 Membership Tickets, Complimentary Guest Tickets and Discounts can only be used for the duration of the Membership. For the avoidance of doubt:
12.1.1 If the Membership is terminated, you will not be able to book tickets for any films or claim any Discounts after the termination date.
12.1.2 If the Membership is suspended, you will not be able to book any tickets or claim any Discounts until the Membership suspension is lifted.
13.0 Lost, stolen or damaged physical Membership Cards: You must keep your Chiswick Cinema Membership Card secure and in your possession at all times. Any lost or stolen Membership Card should immediately be reported to The Chiswick Cinema at [email protected] . Your lost or stolen Membership Card will be deactivated. If you subsequently find or retrieve such deactivated lost or stolen Membership Card, please destroy it immediately.
13.1 You must treat your Membership Card with care, and not damage it, or misuse it. If your Membership Card is damaged or defective, please contact The Chiswick Cinema to request a replacement card.
13.2 Replacement cards will be posted to the address you registered when you initially became a member of one the The Chiswick Cinema’s Membership Schemes unless otherwise indicated. Please allow up to 14 days for delivery. A reasonable replacement card fee may be charged to cover our costs, in accordance with our standard fee rate (no fee will apply to replacement of a defective Membership Card where The Chiswick Cinema is responsible for the defect).
14.0 Withdrawals – The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to withdraw your membership in in The Chiswick Cinema’s reasonable opinion you:
14.1 Have used your membership/membership card fraudulently, abusively or unlawfully;
14.2 Have caused material behavioural issues
14.3 Have failed to comply with your obligation to keep your security information secure
14.4 Have seriously breached these T&C’s
14.5 Have been banned on reasonable grounds from entering The Chiswick Cinema.
14.6 The withdrawal of your Membership for the above reasons means that you will not be able to use it thereafter and it will not give rise to any form of compensation or refund to you.
15.0 Intellectual Property Rights: All copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in and in relation to the Chiswick Cinema’s Membership Scheme and/or Membership Card shall at all times remain the property of The Chiswick Cinema or its underlying rights holders
15.0 Partner Benefits: Partner benefits can be revoked at any time and must be used in accordance with the partner’s terms and conditions.
15.0 Data Protection and security: The Chiswick Cinema will process your personal data in order to open, administer and run your account and deal with any enquiry you may have about it. The Chiswick Cinema plays the role of the data controller. If you choose or are provided with, a user name, user identification code, password, security question & answer, verification number or any other piece of security information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential and not disclose it to anyone. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your security information you must inform The Chiswick Cinema immediately.
16.0 Cancellation, termination, discontinuation:
16.1 The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to discontinue the Membership Scheme and to stop issuing Membership Cards;
16.2 The Chiswick Cinema may alter the Membership Advantages from time to time by posting the notice on The Chiswick Cinema Website.
16.3 You may cancel any Membership purchased remotely (by telephone or email) within the first 14 days after issuance; The Chiswick Cinema will refund the Membership Fee paid to you or the person who paid the same. After such 14 days period, you may terminate your Membership Card and The Chiswick Cinema will make no refund unless your situation presents some exceptional circumstances that would justify refunding at The Chiswick Cinema’s sole discretion. For any cancellation however caused, The Chiswick Cinema is entitled to charge you at the standard rate for any instances where you have benefited from any advantages by using your cancelled Membership or Card. If your usage equates the Membership Fee, no refund will occur. If your usage exceeds your Membership Fee, you will be charged at the standard rate.
16.4 You can cancel the direct debit payment at any time after the first payment so that it won’t recur in 2022. You will be notified before the renewal date to remind you that it is due to renew.
Except where expressly provided, nothing in these T&Cs shall constitute a warranty or representation regarding any aspect of The Chiswick Cinema’s products or services where a Membership Card is defective, The Chiswick Cinema’s liability is limited to the replacement of such defective Card. Where erroneous pricing information has been given to you, and the error is obvious and could reasonably have been recognised by you as erroneous, we will not be obliged to supply goods and services at the erroneous price. The Chiswick Cinema shall not be liable to you for any special, indirect or consequential losses incurred by you in any way. Neither shall The Chiswick Cinema be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performing any of its obligations under these T&Cs that are caused by events outside The Chiswick Cinema’s reasonable control.
17.1 The Chiswick Cinema’s total liability for all claims shall not exceed the amount of the Membership Fee.
17.2 Nothing shall be construed as to exclude or limit The Chiswick Cinema’s liability for death or personal injury caused by The Chiswick Cinema’s negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by The Chiswick Cinema or its agents, or for any other liability which may not be excluded or limited by law.
18.0 Assignment by The Chiswick Cinema: The Chiswick Cinema reserves the right to assign any and all of its rights or obligations under the Membership Agreement to any company part or affiliated to The Chiswick Cinema’s group
19.0 Complaints: should you have any complaints in relation to your Membership and/or these T&Cs, please contact us at [email protected]